About Me

My photo
Long distance runner (up to 100 miles), blogger and obsessed parkrunner. Mum to one, currently taking a break from teaching to be that Mum of one!

Saturday 23 February 2013

Friday and feeling so tired...

Got up at 5am on Friday morning.  I really couldn't sleep.  Spent my spare hour reading blogs online!  Discovering runeatrepeat.com last week was what got me thinking about keeping a log of my food online in a blog as well as tracking my training.  I'm hoping that I can look back and see why training has gone well or not so well dependant upon my eating habits and days before a run/race.  I've now also gotten addicted to mealsandmiles.com  I love the way both Monica and Meghann write and it's great to feel that even if it's all the way over in America, 1000s of miles away, there are a couple of other girls my age who love running and want to eat well and enjoy life!

Breakfast was my usual bowl of Blueberry wheats and semi-skimmed milk.  We have two sets of bowls, this regular-sized kind and a large deep bowl set which my parents got us for Christmas last year.  This week I've been making an effort to use the smaller bowls and eat less in the mornings, which was my problem time originally and when I would often overeat.

Graze box - The Firecracker - had this just before school as my belly was still grumbling!  This with a glass of water kept me satisfied till break!

Every Friday we have 'Treats'.  There used to be lots of us at school that participated but now it is just the Psychology department, one business studies teacher and Me.  Each week one member of the Treats group brings in goodies for everybody at breaktime and we all sit down in the staff room and have a natter.  This week it was Bernadette's turn.  I didn't feel comfortable enough yet photographing what I ate and explaining to the Treats group about the blog, but I was still conscious about what I ate and just had one tiny half white roll with a piece of chicken tikka and cheese inside, two cherry tomatoes with houmous, 1/6th of a small pork pie and one small coconut bun with a small glass of blueberry juice.  On Fridays I don't have anything for lunch as I'm usually full from Treats until the end of the day.  Today was no different.
I was very hungry by the time we got home from work though.  I think it's the cold weather!  We didn't get home until 6:45 so I made us a quick casserole and we were sat down eating by 7:20.  I peel and chop one potato and one carrot, put them into a saucepan with some butter and lightly fry them, make some vegetable stock up and slinging this in too with some peas.  I fry some sausages before chopping and adding and then add dumplings on the top.  Dan likes this, which is good, because it's much healthier for him than what he would eat if I didn't cook!  He likes the dumplings really cheesy, which isn't ideal, but I like them that way too!


Rest day running wise for me on Friday, although I did spend an hour leading ponies at Riding Club after school tonight.  Running outside with the ponies is actually what probably made me so hungry for tea!
Hoping to get to ParkRun tomorrow with Dan.  He's quite enthusiastic which is good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment